tryb Fintech and Limited Partner Survey 2018
tryb conducted a survey in late October 2018 to obtain views from fintech companies and limited partners (LPs) on a wide range of topics, including market conditions, the fundraising environment and opportunities in Southeast Asia.
- Fintechs reported strong growth in their markets and are now focused on scaling and fund raising
- Over 40% of LPs are planning to increase investment into fintech investment strategies in 2019
- Nearly 75% of LPs were bullish on fintech in Southeast Asia with Indonesia as the most attractive market
- Payments, lending and enterprise technologies were the most attractive fintech sectors to LPs
- Strong demand from fintechs and LPs for investors with specific mandates and expertise in fintech